Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Ruffles? What was I thinking?

I'm done. My search for a swimsuit that fits well and provides the coverage I need is over. At least for this season.

I scoured the Internet looking for an acceptable swimsuit. I thought I had found one. And I was pretty confident because the description of the swimsuit said it was suited for the well-endowed.

But only if you wanted to look bigger than you already are.

I thought the ruffles might accentuate the part of my body I don't really need accentuated. But it was 10 o'clock at night and I thought I had found the solution to my problem.

I was excited when I got the package in the mail. I was even feeling pretty good when I tried it on.

But when I skyped with my sister and modeled it for her (I know what you're thinking. Wasn't it awkward to video chat in a swimsuit? Yes, yes it was.) we both concluded that while the swimsuit was cute, for $74 it needed to be almost perfect for me to keep. Oh, and the circulation to my legs was being cut off after about 10 minutes of wearing it. It will be returned.

I found another swimsuit that is comfortable and provides a little more coverage than the halter top tankini I currently wear to most water-related activities. And it was significantly less expensive than the $74 we-think-ruffles-will-downplay-your-large-chest swimsuit.

But it still doesn't provide the type of coverage I would really like. I'm looking for next to no "cleave" here, people. Chasing a toddler when you don't feel covered up or like you could fall out of your swimsuit is not my idea of summer fun. But, I just don't care anymore. When I find a suit that covers, it doesn't fit somewhere else. When I find a suit that fits somewhere else, it doesn't cover the girls.

So I'm done.

3 comments:

rach said...

Ugh swimsuit shopping is the worst!!! I wouldnt even be brave enough to buy anything online- I never seem to be able to figure out what will look good on me until its on my body. And then usually it still doesnt look that good haha! I find that I have to get tankini's because my top half is usually a smaller size than my bottom and those cute retro one peices look ridiculous on me. boo. I hope you find one that fits in all the right places! (and by this time of summer it might even be on sale!)

Emily said...

you could always pretend your like a surfer girl and wear a rash gaurd. But they look hot. Like not hot in a good way. Hot heat hot. Or just try randomly shouting at passerbys: "There just breasts people!"

Tori Wilding said...

"hot heat hot"...bahaha! love it!! and don't you wish you could come up with your own swimsuit? And then sell it online and make a ton of money? I do.