Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Seeing New York- Coney Island revisited

The last time we went to Coney Island was on Memorial Day. After that trip, I secretly swore off Coney Island.

But after going with our playgroup and seeing that it's not really that crowded on a normal day, I figured we could do another family outing to the beach.

 Blake likes to help carry our recyclables outside. He'll do anything to get outside.

I was a little worried there would be a lot of people since it was a Saturday, but we got to the beach around 10:30 and it wasn't super crowded. We walked a little ways down the boardwalk and found a nice little spot close to the water.

 Apparently I was asleep during this photo op. Also, holy farmer's tan!

This time around, Blake actually played closer to the water and held his own against the waves!






Checkin' out the ladies...or a bird.


We took him out past where the waves were breaking. He was a good sport, but let us know when he was ready to head in.



So I've learned my lesson. Coney Island on Memorial Day=don't even think about it. Coney Island in the morning on a normal day, including Saturday=awesome!

Post-beach nap

1 comment:

Tori Wilding said...

bahaahaaaa!! I love the pics! "checkin' out the ladies...or a bird." haa!