Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things...

Anyone who knows me well knows that I have a long list of pet peeves. I'm not sure why they are called pet peeves. I'm going to have to research that one. Anyway so I thought instead of writing a post about my pet peeves, I would put a positive spin on things and write about the opposite: things people do that I like. You'll see.

1. There is nothing more glorious than when people drive at the proper speed, use their blinkers, and know the rules of the road. In fact, I cannot express how much joy it brings me while driving when a motorist who is waiting to turn left understands that I have the right of way when turning right. I have often thought of making a sign that says, "Thank you for knowing how to drive" and holding it up as I pass by. They should know someone appreciates them.

2. I also find joy when people actively listen to what I am trying to say without interjecting until I am finished. Now, I know in heated debates it is tempting to jump in and state one's opinions. But in general conversation nothing makes me more happy than being able to finish a complete thought.

3. Another of my favorite things is when people eat, but I can't hear them eating. Now of course there are foods that are inherently noisy: chips, apples, uncooked pasta, and other things I can't think of right now. And I do understand that it can be difficult to chew with one's lips completely closed, especially if the eater puts too much food in their mouth. But I do appreciate a person who can eat quietly.

4. Nothing brings a smile to my face faster than when I am walking on a sidewalk and one of the two people that are walking towards me moves so I can pass them without being pushed off the sidewalk. Ahh yes, smiles all around for that one.

5. I love to see people utilizing public trash cans. And dog poop bags.

1 comment:

Emily said...

This is why I love you and your blog.