Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

smile update

So as I left work yesterday I decided I was going to smile all the way home. I wanted to see if my smile would inspire others to smile. I felt really stupid at first, but it helped to have my sunglasses on. I didn't have to make eye contact with anyone and if I did they wouldn't be able to see me. So as I walked to my car I passed only a few people. One guy drove by and looked at me as I stood at the crosswalk. He totally had the look of, "What's she smilin' at?" I know this look because I do it all the time when I see the no-reason smiles. Anyway, so I found it a bit difficult to continue to smile, but I kept on cheesin' it up the whole way home. While I was driving in the car and smiling simultaneously I saw a girl smile back at me. When I got home I honestly had the thought that I should smile for no reason on the way home more often. I felt like I had a happy little secret and other people wanted to know what it was. For as goofy as I think the no-reason smilers look, it actually made me feel happy to smile even though nothing had really happened for me to feel happier than I normally do. Anyway, so I encourage everyone (or the 3 people that read this blog) to try smiling for no reason one day for at least fifteen minutes. Let me know how it goes.

No comments: