Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

goodbye

Today I said goodbye to a good friend. I met this friend about 6 years ago. We were inseparable for 2 years. We went everywhere together. Then things started to change. We grew apart. I tried my hardest to fit this friend into my life, but other things got in the way.

And today we officially said goodbye. I'll never see this friend again as long as I live.

It's not that I didn't want to be close again. It just seemed pretty impossible.

So, farewell size 8 jeans. We looked so good together. Heck, you're probably one of the reasons my husband asked me out. And as much as I'd love to fit into you again one day, I just don't think it's going to happen. And even if I do someday where a size 8, I know your low rise style is just not going to work with a mommy pooch.

I hope someone else will find you at a Goodwill and enjoy you as much as I did.

2 comments:

Losing Brownies said...

Lol, totally! I did the same things with my size 8's too! That mommy pouch is the devil. It torments me.

Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

You are hilarious! I did the same thing a fewonths ago. The worst for me is that I actually weigh less than I did when I got pregnant, nuty hips now need their own zip code, so those old pants are never fitting again.