Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Seeing New York-in a car

Last Saturday we rented a car and took a little trip to Bloomington, New York for Evan's company picnic. And I can't tell you how nice it felt to leave the city. I felt like I could breathe again!

Evan picked up the rental car Saturday morning while I got Blake ready and packed snacks, toys, and books for the trip. Blake is only in a car seat a few times a year, so I never really know what to expect when he's strapped in for more than 20 minutes.


Evan and I were worried that we would get lost since neither one of us have driven around NYC, but we actually did really well. We took a few wrong turns, but managed to make our way to our destination.


One wrong turn took us right alongside Ground Zero. I looked out the window and said, "I think this is where the Twin Towers used to be. Huh, isn't that crazy?" Because I know so little about where things are in NYC, I think it's funny when we just happen to stumble upon something like Ground Zero or the Wall Street Bull (which we also "stumbled upon" while driving.)

 

It felt so amazing to not be surrounded by buildings and to see rolling hills of green once we got out of the city.



Blake did really well in his car seat. He fell asleep on the way there and back. But not without expressing his opinion on being in his car seat.

shaking his head "no"

We had a really fun time hanging out with the people Evan works with and their families. And we were pretty impressed with our navigation skills (and wonder what people did before GPS!).


Blake snapped this picture of me while I was sleeping. 

1 comment:

Tori Wilding said...

Cool! What kind of car was the rental???