Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Adventures with a 1 year old- Bathtub art


I saw this idea on pinterest, perhaps one of the most addicting websites ever. I was hesitant at first because I didn't want Blake to put any of this stuff in his mouth. But I think we are finally past that stage, except for the occasional acorn.

To make these bath paints, just mix shaving cream and food coloring together. I mix mine in little plastic containers. You can also use a muffin tin. Blake loves doing this before bath time. And I have to say it gives me a good ten minutes to just sit and relax. I'm in the bathroom with him, but I don't sit on the edge of the tub because the tub is dry and not slippery.









Just a little warning: The food coloring has stained the grout on our shower wall, but it tends to fade after a while. And I have noticed that Blake's hands and wherever else he gets the paint are stained as well. It usually fades or is totally gone by the end of his bath. Totally worth it to me for all the fun he has with it.

No comments: