Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Seeing New York-Holiday Window Displays and Santa!

I'm going to be honest. We could have just seen Santa and our night would have been perfect. But I feel a sense of urgency when it comes to experiencing all things NYC because I don't know how long we'll be here to experience them. If I had my way this would be our last Christmas in New York. So I bundled Blake up, forced him into his stroller, wondered who I was really doing this for, and headed to the city.


We strolled along 5th Avenue, stopping briefly to look at the window displays.


By the time we hit Rockefeller Center, Blake was about done. I kind of felt like I was just rushing around, trying to take a quick picture, mentally checking off things from my bucket list.

The best window display in my opinion was at Lord and Taylor. The others were neat, but Blake didn't seem too interested in them. He cried when we left Lord and Taylor's!

In order to cheer Blake up, we stopped for a New York slice...hahahahaha! (You should've seen the looks I got as I tried to take a picture of this.)

Our final stop was at Macy's. After looking at their window display we headed inside to see Santa. We weaved our way through the store to find the elevator...the elevator just for strollers and wheelchairs being operated by an employee. Shocker!

We stepped onto the 8th floor and walked to Santaland.

singin' tree...kind of creepy




It was there we experienced several miracles: no line, happy Santaland workers who were excited to see us, and a 20 month old who actually sat on Santa's lap sans protesting and tears.



All in all, it was a chilly, but fun night. We even saw a free concert in the subway! It was some of the best music I've heard in the subway. So good that we missed our train!


This will go down as one of the best NYC experiences we've had as a family!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad you went -- and had fun! I sometimes wonder if we do the Christmas windows more for us even though we say it's for the boys. They usually melt down part way through, and as a result, Rockefeller Center is a place I usually dread. But in the end, it's usually worth it. Lord & Taylor windows are always awesome, but I also so love Tiffany's and Bergdorf Goodman.

Tori Wilding said...

cuuuuuuuute!!! Your life looks glamorous in these pics!!

Shaunel said...

I can't believe he didn't cry! Jackson screamed bloody murder this year.