Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Love Stories

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4

My heart was racing after bounding up the stairs.

"Get back down here!"
"No! I have to study!"
"No you don't! Come on!"

I casually made my way downstairs to be interrogated by Evan's roommates. I couldn't wipe the goofy grin off my face. I had had a great time with Evan. There was no hiding that.

"So how was it?"
"It was good. I had fun."
"What did you do?"
"We just went miniature golfing and then he dropped me off."
"Wait, did you find out his real name?"
"Oh ya. It's Evan. Well actually it's Paul. He's named after his dad. His dad is Paul. He goes by his middle name, Evan."

His roommates were shocked I knew his real name now and even why they called him Magic.

"So why Magic?"
"Well, his initials are the same as Magic Johnson's, the basketball player. So there ya go."
"Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!"

More goofy grinning from me ensued.

As I sat there trying not to look as twitterpated as I felt, I wondered if Evan knew his friends were questioning me about what would turn out to be my last first date. I later found out that he had no idea they were there.

I knew my friends were going to want to know the details of the date, but I certainly couldn't talk about it with Evan's friends hanging around. I feigned exhaustion and said I was going to bed.

"Wait, one more question. What happened, ya know, when he dropped you off?"
(pause. goofy grin.) "I don't kiss and tell," I said as I walked back upstairs.
"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Are you serious?! Get back here!"


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

"I don't kiss and tell." HAHAHAHAHA! Love it!