Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Baby it's cold outsiiiiiiiiiiiide!

I always forget how much I hate winter. It's probably because when I think of winter I think of Christmas and I love Christmas! But the Christmas season is only a small part of winter (and if you live in Utah where your winter seems to last for 7 or 8 months then it's a reeeeally small part).

Naturally as the weather turns colder people tend to bundle up, including babies. Blake has a cute blue gummi bear suit that I usually put him in when we are outside. But he is quickly outgrowing it and by the end of winter his little toes will be peeking out. So thanks to a recommendation from a mom who has weathered a few Brooklyn winters with a baby, I got one of these.

When I first saw how much they cost I decided it wasn't really worth it and we'd just have to wrap our baby in a blanket and deal with it falling out of the stroller every few minutes. Then I thought I could make one. Then I laughed at myself for thinking I could actually make something like that. Then I got an email from a lady selling her slightly used BundleMe so I went the second-hand route!
Blake and I went for a stroll today and it kept him nice and warm. It's amazing/weird how happy baby accessories make me. Seriously. Now if only I could find a bigger stroller and adult sized BundleMe for myself. Oh and someone to push me around the city.

3 comments:

Losing Brownies said...

That looks comfy!!

Tori Wilding said...

The title of this blog post conjured up images of Will Ferrel singing this song in the women's bathroom as Jovie is showering. And then he runs out with his eyes covered and smacks into the lockers....or something. Blake looks like he's having a great time, though!

Just A Normal Mom said...

I loved the end of this post, because as I was reading, I was thinking "if they only had one adult sized!"
-Ally