Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Reasons I Hate Flying

1. Fear of the plane crashing. It's happened before and I'm sure the people on airplanes that have crashed thought it could never happen to them. But it did.

2. No matter what I do, by the time I get to my destination I look and feel like crap. I don't usually get dressed up to fly on an airplane. I try to be as comfortable as possible. But no matter how much time I spend on my hair, make up, and outfit I usually stop in the an airport restroom only to look in the mirror and wonder what happened.

3. Turbulence.

4. The headache and nausea I experience 75% of the times I fly.

5. Smallest bathrooms known to man.

6. No leg room.

7. Disgusting airplane air.

8. Possibility of my baby a)crying the whole time or b)barfing all over the place 5 minutes before the plane lands.  Blake did pretty well on this trip considering it was an all day adventure. Because Jetblue discontinued their direct flight from JFK to Richmond we have to go from JFK to Boston and then to Richmond. And that basically took us 11 hours to do yesterday. So I was pretty understanding when Blake was antsy the last half of our second flight. But when he projectile vomited right before we landed I decided that an all day flying adventure would not be in our future after this trip unless absolutely necessary. It was disgusting. And sad. Let's just hope that doesn't happen on our flight back when I'll be going solo. I'll keep the barf bag ready just in case.

3 comments:

Tori Wilding said...

I'm sorry it was so awful. At least he got to flirt with all the ladies before he threw up!!!

Losing Brownies said...

Aww, poor baby. I'm so sorry he got sick. I hope that the return trip isn't as bad!

Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

Ah man that's aweful! I feel your pain. I had to fly back with Landon by myself this summer from Montana. I couldn't carry him, the stroller, and the carseat, so he sat like a big boy in the seat...sorta. AMEN for the adorable Grandma sitting on the other side of him who was just an angel. Good luck love...sending good thoughts your way!