Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

It's Go Time

40 weeks. I made it to 40 weeks.

Thar she blows!




(I don't actually think I look like a whale. I just feel like one.)

I was really hoping I wouldn't make it to 40 weeks. I wanted baby #2 to come on his own. I had convinced myself that my experience with Blake was just a fluke. Surely my body wouldn't betray me a second time.

Alas, here I am. 40 weeks pregnant and no signs that my body is going to kick into gear and start doing what it's supposed to do. And I'm not sure how I feel about that.

My emotions have run the gamut from being disappointed that I'll be having a c-section again, to frustration that my body doesn't work properly, to just wanting this baby to be out of me so he can stretch without kicking me in the ribs.

My experience with having Blake (12 hours of labor that ended in a c-section) has left me somewhat nervous about how this c-section and subsequent recovery is going to play out. And while this go round will be different because I know I'm going to the hospital to have a c-section, I'm still nervous about the whole recovery part. Will I feel awful? Will I have good nurses to help me, or will my experience at the hospital be somewhat on the negative side? Will the lady I have to share a room with be inconsiderate and make my hospital stay even worse?

I keep reminding myself that ultimately all I really want is a healthy baby. And if that means a less than stellar hospital experience and a painful recovery, so be it.

Life rarely goes as planned. But that doesn't mean it won't turn out wonderfully.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy Baby Day! You will do great! Can't wait to meet Baby Jordan!

Emily said...

You look super-cute, btw. And i'm not just saying that. Not whale-like at all. :) We're thinking of you and praying for you today. Can't wait to meet the little guy. Best of luck and crossing my fingers that you get nice nurses and quiet (or no?) roommates :)

Lindsay said...

Also...I love your last line: "Life rarely goes as planned. But that doesn't mean it won't turn out wonderfully." That is something I needed to hear (or read, whathaveyou) today.

vdg family said...

I've got M&Ms for you. Not that helps with the delivery, but who knows, it may help with recovery. :)